Friday, December 29, 2006

what we had in paris

Decided to leave work early today so I could get the dog in out of the rain. Get to spend a little extra time online here at the house, but I would do that anyway. So I'll sit on the couch watching What I Like About You (is it me, or does this girl have a freaky big head?) or My Super Ex-Girlfriend, waiting for that one email from the ofice that will set me off. I'm so excited.
The poor dog was wet and covered in mud when I got home... she apparently hasn't figured out that half of her pin is covered. So, she got a nice rub down and her feet scrubbed. Immediately she ran for the back door (her pin is on the side of the house), ready to run around in the big yard. The rain had slowed, so I figured it wouldn't be a big deal. I let her out to find the chairs on the porch overturned in the middle of the yard. Love windy, rainy days.
But, all of the junk from the shed was gone. I walked over and tried the door... unlocked. Opened the door and everything was back exactly where it was prior to finding it on the lawn... even the shelves were back on the wall. No sign of the sheet or lantern, but the box was sitting on top of the desk.
It is a fairly non-descript box. Pine with small grooves carved around the top and a lock on the side. The key. I can't tell where the box ends and the lid begins. What does this lock open? I gotta get the key.

1 comment:

Trish Finfer said...

You know you want to open it. Just do it - otherwise I'm going to.